Dr. Green currently serves as associate vice president for Owens Community College and professor in the organizational management program at Bluffton University. She has over 29 years of extensive experience in administrative leadership, marketing, and institutional advancement. In addition, she has over 19 years of teaching experience within business and educational leadership programs.
She teaches on-line and face-to-face courses in group and organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, principles of management and leadership, business ethics, and marketing.
PhD in Higher Education Administration, June 1995
Ohio University (Athens, Ohio)
Major: Educational Leadership
Dissertation: “The Impression Management Behaviors Engaged Within the Social Role of Three Community College Presidents: A Descriptive Study”
Master in Business Administration, December 1985
Ashland University (Ashland, Ohio)
Major: Executive Management
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 1981
Ohio Northern University (Ada, Ohio)
Dual Major: Marketing and Management
Sample Publications and Presentations
Green, M., Villereal, H., Feldbaum, M., & Gingrich, C. (2009). Welcoming Community Colleges Initiative: Supporting Educational and Labor Market Success for LGBT Students. American Association of Community Colleges. Phoenix, AZ.
Green, M., Villereal, H., Feldbaum, M., & Gingrich, C. (2009). Welcoming Community Colleges Initiative: Supporting Educational and Labor Market Success for LGBT Students. National Council for Student Development. Albany, NY.
Green, M., (2001-2002) Customer Service Communications. Defense Contract Management Agency. Charleston, SC.
Green, M., (2001). Brand Marketing. Ivy Technical College. Evansville, IN.
Green, M., (2002). Name Change Feasibility Study. Zane State Community College. Zanesville, OH.
Green, M., (2000). Collaboration of Student and Academic Affairs: A Vital Link to Student Success. Ohio Council for Student Development/Indiana Student Affairs Conference. Indianapolis, IN.
Green, M., (2000). Who’s Line is it Anyway? Managing Impressions During Meetings. ACT Staff Development Workshop. Columbus, OH.
Green, M., (2000). The Marketing Mix. Ohio Council for Student Development. Columbus, OH.
Green, M., (2000). A Feasibility Study for a Non-Profit Agency. Clements Group, Consultant. Albuquerque, NM.
Green, M., & Spiers, C., (1998). Re-engineering Through Partnerships Across Campus, Ohio American College Testing Assembly. Columbus, OH.
Spiers, C., & Green, M. (1997). Re-engineering for Student Success: One-to-One Relationship Management. Ohio Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. Columbus, OH.
Green, M., & Spiers, C. (1997). The Building Blocks for Student Success: Enrollment Services. Terra Community College. Fremont, OH.
Green, M. (1997). How to Gain Support from the Top. Central Ohio Technical College. Newark, OH.
Green, M. (1997). Be Here Now: Master Student Presentation. Lima Technical College. Lima, OH.
Green, M. (1996). Marketing Initiatives Towards a Statewide 2-Year Public Education and Marketing Campaign. Ohio Council on Student Development. Columbus, OH.
Green, M. (1985-1999). Presented various seminars/workshops on Communicating Effectively, Handling Problems in Human Relations, Time Management and Professional Telephone Techniques. The Ohio State University & Lima Technical College. Columbus & Lima, OH.
Professional Service and Memberships
• Alliance Economic Development Board (2011 – present)
• Alliance Educational Coalition (2012 – present)
• Bridges Out of Poverty Leadership Team (2011 – 2013)
• Hancock County United Way Board (2013 – present)
• Rotary International (2011 – present)
• NCCET, North Central Campus for Emerging Technologies (2011-2013)
• Hancock County Sustainability Coalition (2011 – 2012)
• Lima Chamber of Commerce Education Committee (2000 – 2009)
• Lima City Schools, Panelist, Senior Capstone Presentations (2008 – present)
• YWCA, Human Relations Committee (Summer 2001) Personnel Issues
• YMCA/LTC/LMH Promotional Campaign (Fall 1998) Opening Ceremonies
• YMCA, Capital Campaign Marketing Committee (Fall 1996) $4 million campaign
• Bradfield Community Center, Capital Campaign Marketing Committee
• (Fall 1995) $1 million campaign
• UAW/Ford/LTC Training Center, Public Relations Committee (Spring 1995) Dedication Ceremonies
• Governor's Advance Team, Governor George Voinovich, Governor's Human Resources Advisory Council Forum. Media and Public Relations Team (Spring 1993)
• Goodwill Industries Board of Directors (1991-1993)
• Private Industry Council, Program Resource Committee (1993 - 1995) Nominated by County Commissioners